Monday 17 March 2008

Birding-Me in 6 Words

I got a decent pat on the back recently by the wonderfully wreflecting Wren. Yes, it's another meme, although there hasn't been one in quite a while, and this one - I think - is rather neat as it goes beyond answering questions. The original thought was perceived by Bookbaby (what a coincidence, when the quality of my day is currently determined by the content of the diapers I change).
Here are the rules to those few who haven't been included yet (copied from Bookbaby):

1. Write your own six word memoir

2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere

4 .Tag five more blogs with links

5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!


It took me a long, long time to figure that one out, but then I remembered something Laurent told me during one of our bird excursions to Michigan's Point Mouillet way back in August 2007 and it became clear just what those six words are that characterize me, or rather: the birder in me.

So, okay, here goes, my Six-Word-Memoir meme:


THAT is a VERY cool bird! (White Wagtail, Germany October 2007)



THAT is a VERY cool bird! (young Mute Swan, Germany October 2007)



THAT is a VERY cool bird! (Adult winter Black-headed Gull, Germany February 2008)



THAT is a VERY cool bird! (American Robin making a political statement in May 2007, Michigan)



THAT is a VERY cool bird! (Palm Warbler, Ohio May 2007)



THAT is a VERY cool birder! (German Baltic Sea Coast, October 2007)


THAT is the VERY definition of a cool bird and thanks again, Wren! (House Wren, Ohio May 2007 )


Here are the bloggers that will have to do a lot of thinking in the next few days if they so wish:

Bird Girl
Larry (if his amazing research on car wrecks will allow him the time!)
Owl Man
Richard

and

Chris

I am wonderfully surprised that I am recently getting a lot of comments from people new to this blog and these comments include so much positive feed back. This is so great!
Unfortunately, this is a time for me to reflect upon a lot of things and get heaps and piles of work done (and - you may remember - the diapers, the diapers), so yet again the post frequency is likely to remain low for the time being. However, the optimistic part of me keeps saying that the end of the drought is near or - as we say in German - "hope dies last"!

12 comments:

corey said...

Whoo-hoo!

I'm a very cool birder!

Thanks Jochen...and consider the compliment returned...

Anonymous said...

Fun blog and great pics, you've written the perfect memoir for a "bird person", thanks so much for playing and blog on!

Owlman said...

Hang in there Jochen, diaper duty does slow down eventually and then things get easier. I'm sure you're having a blast with the little one. I know you've heard it from a million people but it really is true - enjoy the time with them becuase they grow up SOOOOO fast. My oldest is 4 already and I still wonder where the time went......

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Jochen! I'll give it a go, just give me a day or two.

Patrick B. said...

Very cool Jochen. I can see that on your headstone maybe.

Anonymous said...

Ok Jochen, I did it.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

Rich

Anonymous said...

Well done, my friend. That was a very cool post.

Camera Trap Codger said...

Okay Jochen, you started this, and now the ball is rolling. Check it out at: http://cameratrapcodger.blogspot.com/2008/03/nature-recharges-my-battery-without.html

brucesc said...

I'm so glad I didn't have to do this meme, but I really liked what you did with it!

Larry said...

I liked your meme-I don't know if I'll get to mine-you know the used car business and all but I do appreciate being included.I enjoy the photos and your unique sense of humor.

Mel said...

Love the choice of words ;)

yanmaneee said...

christian louboutin shoes
lebron 15 shoes
air jordan
supreme hoodie
nike jordans
fila
kyrie 5
curry shoes
balenciaga shoes
balenciaga