Monday 18 February 2008

State of the Blog

With the frequency of new posts having dropped to roughly one each month, I have now realized it was time for a few reflections regarding the State of the Blog.

So, here goes,

Ladies and Gentlemen,
the State of the Blog, as for now, is difficult to assess. Until September 2007, it was easily defined as "Michigan", but with the general management shifting its headquarters over the Atlantic, it has gotten impossible as Germany does not have "states" in a stricter sense but calls its smaller geographical entities "Bundesländer". Therefore, it is with great pleasure that I announce that the Bundesland of the Blog is Mecklenburg- Western Pomerania.


Oh, groan and moan, that was shallow.

Yes, I know...

But then again, witty blogging has always been scarce here and in between diaper duty, helping with houshold things and trying to keep my back clear of my bosses' whip, humour is difficult to muster, time for birding / bird-blogging even more so.

However, a very good friend of mine once said that if I was to go down eventually, it shall be with a bang, not a whimper, and the same philosophy applies to my blogging.
That's good news as I don't like loud noise [Iron Maiden is not even remotely connected to noise, just to make that point very clear], so the blog's bound to be continued, and I have a few blog posts in the back of my mind that I plan to finish in the next few days.

Getting back to those reflections I mentioned in my introduction, the question arises if this really is good news, though...

Heck, this is still a bird blog, and even if I didn't manage a decent bird post this time, uploading a bird image is the Least I can do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we all need to go off topic from time to time! That's what makes us individuals instead of a business blog!